Tuesday 8 June 2010

Converting & Painting: Techno-Magi Aether-Adept

This rather tall fellow is my army's leader and HQ choice. I normally run him as a "Techno-Magi Aether-Adept" (Librarian/Rune Priest/Sorceror/Inquisitor), a techpriest dabbling in machines to channel psychic powers.

His upper body is all fairly standard Space Marine or Space Wolf bits, plus lots of Cities of Death pieces (the backpack & the base of the staff) and a classic Techmarine backpack's claw for the top of his staff. The lower body is a mix of plastruct tubes and green stuff. The arms are magnetic, so I can change his weaponry if I ever feel like it.

I've always dreaded painting human skin. So for this guy I went for grey/white pale dead skin, trying to capture some of the Gothic wierdness of the Adeptus Mechanicus you get in 40k artwork & fluff. I really like the effect!

This was also the first time I've really done any highlighting/blending/layering apart from drybrushing, on his big glowing backpack. It's very much not perfect but I'm happy with it for a first attempt! I really, really need to thin my paints next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment